Recipe by Debbie R.
This is a great recipe from "100-Day Pantry" by Jan Jackson. Delicious! I would, however, like to do the following on the next round: drain the cans and replace that liquid with the same amount of salt-less chicken stock. It was somewhat on the salty side. Erm, but I'd keep the liquid from the green chilies. I think that might be important for flavor. Also, it used 1 t. garlic salt. The last thing this recipe needs is more salt, so I subbed 1/2 t. garlic powder.
- 1 (10 -15 ounce) can chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hominy
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or cilantro)
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cut into at least 5 chunks