Prep 4 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is a great recipe from "100-Day Pantry" by Jan Jackson. Delicious! I would, however, like to do the following on the next round: drain the cans and replace that liquid with the same amount of salt-less chicken stock. It was somewhat on the salty side. Erm, but I'd keep the liquid from the green chilies. I think that might be important for flavor. Also, it used 1 t. garlic salt. The last thing this recipe needs is more salt, so I subbed 1/2 t. garlic powder.
- 1 (10 -15 ounce) can chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hominy
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or cilantro)
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cut into at least 5 chunks
- Do not drain cans. Combine everything except cheese. When heated, add cheese and continue breaking it up with spoon while stirring. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Note: Croutons were good on this for some crunch.
this seemed like a dip like mealto me have chips lol i do like hominy so your in luck lol good easy pantry dish zaar world tour
A really simple and quick recipe. I discarded the juices as suggested and added some chicken stock. Also I used a sheep's cheese of velveeta style which tastes nearly like the original thing. This was the first time I had hominy, and maybe I would have liked the dish more if I liked hominy, but unluckily I found that I really don't care for it. So as I think this is a pretty good dish if you like hominy, I give it four stars :) Thanks for sharing!
Made for ZWT 8 / Mexico for the Lively Lemon Lovelies