Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband came up with this recipe when he was laid off from work, and was doing some of the cooking. The kids liked it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 (26 1/2 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni and cheese mix
- In a bowl, mix together sausage and beef. Place the meat mixture into a large pan and cook on medium heat until brown, drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni according to the package directions, drain. Set aside the powdered cheese mix.
- Return the cooked macaroni to the pot it was cooked in after it is drained. Mix in the spaghetti sauce, browned meat, and the powdered cheese.
- Mix all together and heat on medium heat until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Serve in bowls, and top with grated parmesan cheese if desired.