Recipe by Mama Jen
This one is a variation of something my Aunt made while growing up, I have always called it Jen's Goop.. It's PERFECT for watching the football game on Monday nights, or on days where you just don't feel like cooking.. Sometimes we just eat it as a meal on top of a baked potato, or put it in a bowl and eat it with Frito Scoops.. For whatever occasion you make it, I promise if you like cheese, you'll like this..
Top Review by Scrambled Mama
Coupled with baked potatoes, this is great hearty recipe. It has some kick to it and makes a full batch (approx. 8-12 people). Mama Jen is a great chef...and an even better best friend.
- 1 lb hamburger (I usually season the meat with Johnny's)
- 16 ounces link sausage (I usually use Spicy)
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa (any kind will do)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (sauted)
- 2 (1 lb) boxes Velveeta cheese (the small ones)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and sausage meat and put in bottom of crock pot, sauté onions in fat of meat, add rest of ingredients and turn crock pot on HIGH for 3 hours or until cheese has melted. Stir and serve.
- BEST served with a bag of Frito Scoops, or on a Baked Potato.
- Add in's: Black beans, minced garlic, jalapeños.
- *Note* For faster cooking time, cut the Velveeta into small cubes so they melt faster -- *.