Recipe by Barb in WNY
A glass ring mold is perfect for cooking this meatloaf. I use a glass pie plate, don't have a glass ring mold. I just watch to make sure it cooks properly.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 slices bread, crunbled (about 2 cups)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese soup, beef, breadcrumbs, egg , milk, onion, green pepper, parsley, oregano and pepper in a medium bowl just until blended.
- Press into an 8 3/4-inch microwave-safe glass ring, smoothing top.
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes, rotating dish a half turn after 6 minutes, or until cooked.
- Cover with plastic wrap; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining soup and sour cream in a 2-cup glass measure.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Pour over meatloaf or serve in a gravy boat.