Recipe by FernieCooks
Most people complain about how dry meatloaf can be. I played around for a few years with adding different ingredients to find that this was the most reliable for moisture and kid friendly.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 slices American cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pasta sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Add ground beef, egg, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, shredded cheese, pepper, and salt to a bowl.
- 2. Mix all together.
- 3. Add 1/4 jar of pasta sauce to bowl and mix into meat mixture.
- 4. Layer meat mixture, cheese slices and pasta sauce in pan.
- 5. Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven.
- 7. Drain off fat, Slice and Serve.