Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is great with mashed potatoes and peas and as a meatloaf sandwich the next day.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground chuck or 2 lbs ground turkey (I use turkey to make it less fatty because of the cheese.)
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (I prefer Lipton Beefy Onion Soup mix)
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup (I prefer Heinz)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used low-fat extra-sharp cheddar and mozz.combined)
- Preheat 350 degrees.
- Combine meat, soup mix, oats, eggs, water, and ketchup with large mixer on low.
- Slowly add cheese until well-blended.
- Shape into loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Add ketchup and sprinkle more cheese on top of loaf, if desired.
- Cook 10 more minutes.
- Let set 10 minutes before slicing.
After many other meatloaf attempts, this is our preferred recipe! I always cut it in half, so I've never a problem with cook time like someone else posted. I made it last night and added shredded carrots. When my husband saw what was for dinner he said "this is gonna be the best dinner I've had in a while," which is a reflection of how much he likes this meatloaf : )
Not a success. I used all turkey and followed the rest of the recipe to a T. It did not mold together it was too loose. I'm going to try it again but I will omit some water. I loved the concept of the oats and cheese.
Very good and very moist ,the only thing I would do different is that I would bake it for an hour instead of 45 min. It was still a little raw at 45 min.