Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. If your kids are anything like mine, they will love this!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushroom, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (I use venison)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces colby cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese, 1/2 inch cubes
- Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until soft, 5-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine mushroom mixture with all remaining ingredients. I use my kitchenaid. Stir in cheese cubes last by hand.
- Bake in a 8x8 inch square pan at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Drain juices and let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
This was a great meatloaf recipe. My husband loves meatloaf and he really likes leftovers for sandwiches. I think the addition of the sour cream and cheese made it a hit. I did cut back the cheese to 1/2 of what it called for and it was still plenty "cheesy".
Enjoyed the flavours, thanks for sharing.
This was an instant hit with my family! I didn't have an 8x8 pan (due to a cornbread disaster) so I used my 10" cast iron skillet. YUUUUMMMM!