Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My hubby likes this recipe, because he LOVES cheese. It's also a really good meatloaf for leftover meatloaf sandwiches. Also a good meal to freeze for freezer cooking. Anyone I've ever fixed this for proclaims it is the best recipe they have ever tasted.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 chopped small jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup corn flakes (I prefer Special K)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cheese (I prefer Mozzarella because of the mild taste and texture.)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all ingredients except cheese in bowl.
- Add 1/2 of mixture to baking dish.
- Add a layer of cheese, now add second layer of meat mixture.
- In separate bowl mix ketchup, ranch dressing, and sugar together.
- Top meatloaf with sauce mixture.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for about 1/2 hour, or until cooked through.
- If doing freezer meal, complete step one then freeze. When ready to fix, defrost meat mixture. Then finish out the steps.