Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fast, easy recipe that is loved by all who taste it. I love it because it's healthy too--has all the food groups and takes less than thirty minutes to make. I found the recipe in a magazine somewhere.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked regular long grain rice or 1 1⁄2 cups boil-in-the-bag rice, for a short cut
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesgreen giant frozen broccoli cauliflower carrots with cheese sauce
- Cook rice as directed.
- Meanwhile, cover and cook frozen meatballs in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat four minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in half and half scraping skillet to remove any browned bits of meat.
- Add blocks of frozen veggies and sauce, placing vegetables down.
- Cover and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally, until veggies and meat are hot.
- Serve over rice.
- Variation: Serve over spaghetti.
- Can substitute chicken pieces or shrimp instead of meatballs.