Recipe by breezermom
Little mini-meatloaves.....cooked on a broiler pan so the fat runs out. Stuffed with diced white cheddar cheese...Yum!
Top Review by Boomette
I didn't use fresh breadcrumbs. I used dry italian breadcrumbs (1/4 cup) and I omitted the step to roast in a pan. Usually I use less cumin in a recipe but for the glaze, I used the amount described. I like this way of doing meat loaf. It takes less time. It's cute :) My son ate this for his lunch and he liked that so much that he wanted to eat the same thing tonight. Thanks breezermom :) Made for Photo tag game
- 1 ounce fresh breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, diced small
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add fresh breadcrumbs, cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- While the breadcrumbs cook, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add the onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients. Shape into 6 (4x2 inch) loaves; place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. After 15 minutes, spoon the glaze evenly over each meatloaf. Bake an additional 10 minutes until done.