Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a lasagna you don't have to feel guilty about eating. Recipe is from Kraft. Be sure to drain the cottage cheese before adding to the lasagna layers! I used the no-cook lasagna noodles in this recipe and it worked well. I did bake it longer, about 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown meat with garlic and oregano in medium saucepan.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 noodles, 1 cup of the cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of the remaining sauce mixture in dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover; top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
What a yummy supper we had! I blended the cottage cheese because it's 'gross' according to my youngest DS! :) That may have been why it was a little watery - it was great anyway! I didn't get to take a photo of the finished product on the plate because, like good lasagne should, it kind of fell apart! I would guess that it serves 6. Made for Photo Tag. Thanks Lainey!
What a great lasagna this is Lainey. I like that the list of ingredients is rather short and simple. I used Hunt's 4 Cheese Sauce and I only had 1 C of mozzarella, so also used 1 C of marble cheese for the topping. Omitted the chopped tomato too as I did not have one on hand. May I suggest that you add one thing to your directions - to drain the fat from the ground beef. (I was teaching my 11 yr old daughter how to make a lasagna and as a beginner cook she needs to be told to do that.)I did leave the lasagna to sit for ten minutes before I cut it, and as you can see from the photos, it held together perfectly. This is definitely one to keep, thank you.