Recipe by Lainey39
This is a lasagna you don't have to feel guilty about eating. Recipe is from Kraft. Be sure to drain the cottage cheese before adding to the lasagna layers! I used the no-cook lasagna noodles in this recipe and it worked well. I did bake it longer, about 50 minutes.
Top Review by Nif
What a yummy supper we had! I blended the cottage cheese because it's 'gross' according to my youngest DS! :) That may have been why it was a little watery - it was great anyway! I didn't get to take a photo of the finished product on the plate because, like good lasagne should, it kind of fell apart! I would guess that it serves 6. Made for Photo Tag. Thanks Lainey!
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese, divided
- 2 cups 2% mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown meat with garlic and oregano in medium saucepan.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 noodles, 1 cup of the cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of the remaining sauce mixture in dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover; top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.