Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Two of my favorite things (corn & cheese) combine to make a very tasty soup.
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed
- 17 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Saute green peppers and onions in margarine.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Add Velveeta, milk and corn.
- Heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with thin strips of red pepper and cilantro.
For being so easy, this is very good. Cheesy with a little sweetness from the creamed corn. I used a red bell pepper and saved some for the garnish. This is a good soup for kids. Thanx for sharing.
Very tasty and easy. I wasn't sure if I liked it after the first bite, but after a little salt and pepper it was divine.I doubled up the onions and used about 28 ounces of corn, making the soup thicker, which I enjoyed. I also used shredded cheese because that's what I had, but it worked fine. My boyfriend said this might be the best thing I've cooked for him so far. Thanks for the recipe!