Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Usually Matzoh Brei is fried. Came upon this recipe for a Brei in the oven. Makes it fluffier.
Make and share this Cheesy Matzoh Brei recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease a large casserole.
- Soak the matzohs in water until soft.
- Drain and squeeze out excess water, set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in the oil until golden.
- Add tomato sauce and parsley.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the soaked matzohs.
- Mix well.
- Pour half of the egg-matzoh mixture in the prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle with half of the diced cheese.
- Top with remaining egg-matzoh mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining diced cheese.
- Pour the prepared tomato sauce over all.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 25 minutes.