Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was passed on to me from a friend's friend who loves anything that combines cheese and potatoes! This is a staple in her house!!
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Follow the instructions on the box and prepare the potatoes for 2 pouches or 8 servings.
- Mix in 3/4 cup of the onions.
- Once you have this mixture ready, grease a 2 qt.
- baking dish.
- Then, spread this mixture in it.
- Top with salsa, onions, olives and chives.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until the onions turn golden in colour.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro!
My 3 year old hates mashed potatoes. I've tried russets, yukons, flakes, and boxed mixes with no luck. I decided to try this one since he loves tomatoes and salsa. I only made 1/2 a recipe (one pouch of potatoes). I didn't have any olives or chilies, but my sons would not have eaten them. I used a Mexican blend cheese to enhance the flavor of the salsa. I FINALLY found a way that my 3 year old will eat mashed potatoes! We loved the crunch and flavor of the French fried onions. The salsa was a welcome addition as well. The cheese didn't melt as well as cheddar would have, but it was the perfect flavor. Thank you for posting a mashed potato recipe that my whole family will eat!
sounds interesting with the frendh fried potatoes.