Recipe by breezermom
This is a quick and easy recipe, using Gournay cheese and Yukon Gold potatoes. The addition of half and half makes this a special "quick" recipe!
Top Review by Annacia
I'm ingredient acquisition challenged out here in the boonies and ended up using a mix of cream cheese and cheddar (my apologies breezer) and it was still delicious. That speaks well of the recipes ability to adapt to needs and tastes. I can't imaging anyone being unhappy with these taters and cheese. :D
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 (4 ounce) packages cheese, product you choose the spice..Gournay preferred
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring potato and water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and remaining 4 ingredients; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon into a 2 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.