Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe, using Gournay cheese and Yukon Gold potatoes. The addition of half and half makes this a special "quick" recipe!
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 (4 ounce) packages cheese, product you choose the spice..Gournay preferred
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring potato and water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and remaining 4 ingredients; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon into a 2 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
I'm ingredient acquisition challenged out here in the boonies and ended up using a mix of cream cheese and cheddar (my apologies breezer) and it was still delicious. That speaks well of the recipes ability to adapt to needs and tastes. I can't imaging anyone being unhappy with these taters and cheese. :D
Ohhhhhhhhh, yum, yum, yum!!!! Breezer, this recipe is just smashing awesome! It tastes so herby and cheesy and moreish and melts in your mouth. It is so creamy! I left out the butter and used a reduced fat herbed cream cheese with chives, garlic and Italian herbs as I couldnt locate the gournay cheese here in Germany. It worked out fabulously and made for such a superb lunch! Following gailann's lead I sprinkled some shredded cheese on top before baking. Mmmm! LUVED THIS and will definitely make it often again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this awesome recipe with us, Breezer! Made and reviewed for Zaar Stars May 2010.
Thanks for posting breezermom! I was making her Spicy Beef Tenderloin II Spicy Beef Tenderloin II and decided to make a bonus breezermom recipe side dish. This was delicious. Everyone ate it up! It was hard to track down the cheese (Boursin) was the brand of Gournay we found. We used the Garlic and herbs spice rather than the pepper.To make this is cost us $9.98 in cheese alone. Yikes but it was great and will be great for dinner parties and holidays to come. Kids and adults loved it!