Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring potatoes to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to med.
- and cook until tender (approx. 15 min.) Remove from heat, drain, add milk or broth; mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir in shredded cheese, cover and let sit until cheese melts (3 to 5 min.).
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
These were okay...I had to change quite a few things. I doubled the amount of potatoes it calls for, my potatoes were too soupy. Plus it had to have some butter...I put into two tablespoons. The parsley and cheese makes a wonderful addition. Would you believe the potatoes tasted better the next day? They were good, but not my favorite.