Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy! These potatoes are wonderful for a holiday meal or anytime you *need* some sinful potatoes.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain and mash.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, onions, melted butter, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Spoon into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika and dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 375º for 20 minutes.
These were nice! Really creamy and full of flavour. I really enjoyed the addition of green onion and the paprika butter topping. Left out the butter in the mash itself and used reduced fat cream cheese as well as low fat yogurt in place of the sour cream. With these changes it was still a rich and yummy dish and I didnt have to feel guilty about indulging with it. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this recipe with us, Lvs2Cook!
Made and reviewed on recommendation of ImPat November 2011.
3 out of 4 loved but the 4th was well it is o'kay but we did nail the problem in that he isn't totally enamoured with the sour cream being baked after being mashed into the potatoes as he feels it changes the taste of the texture and he doesn't really like it so will be happy to do this recipe again but will mash and serve (so minus the extra tablespoon of butter on top). Thank you Lvs2Cook, made for I Recommend Tag by Lauralie41.
Oh my!!!! These potatoes were delicious. I think I just gained back all the weight I have lost. They were that good. Thank you!!!!!!