Recipe by Chez Desirée
Soft and cheesy muffins that please everyone. Great in large or small muffin tins or even as a loaf. Delicious to serve to guests in the morning using the leftover mashed potatoes from the night before or to bring for lunch. Best with mashed potatoes that have some texture.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooled mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shortening, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs well; then add milk, potato, half of the cheese and shortening.
- Blend and add to dry mixture.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins. 6 large muffins or 12 small.
- Sprinkle half the remaining cheese on the muffins.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until done. (in large muffin tins this may be longer. they are done when firm to the touch and when the knife comes clean).
- When almost done baking sprinkle rest of cheese on top.