Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
Soft and cheesy muffins that please everyone. Great in large or small muffin tins or even as a loaf. Delicious to serve to guests in the morning using the leftover mashed potatoes from the night before or to bring for lunch. Best with mashed potatoes that have some texture.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs well; then add milk, potato, half of the cheese and shortening.
- Blend and add to dry mixture.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins. 6 large muffins or 12 small.
- Sprinkle half the remaining cheese on the muffins.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until done. (in large muffin tins this may be longer. they are done when firm to the touch and when the knife comes clean).
- When almost done baking sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
These were ok, but tasted like something was missing. If I make them again, I would not use sugar and try them with some spices. Thanks Chez Desiree
These are cheezy goodness!!! The mashed potatoes give an excellent texture and the sugar gives a nice hint of sweetness that really compliments the cheese! And if that's not enough, there is a great cheezy center to the muffin! Right out of the oven, these muffins are better than candy! Thank you, Desiree!