Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
What it not to like ... creamy cheesy mashed potatoes in a cupcake form. They are just so cool to serve at a party, or for a special occasion. Just a neat way to serve your every day potatoes. Make a beef stew or a lamb stew and serve it with this potato as a centerpiece. It is great.
- 3 lbs potatoes (peeled and rough chopped in quarters)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (but use your favorite) or 1 cup cheddar cheese (but use your favorite)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 scallions, diced fine green and white
- 1⁄8 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Potatoes -- Cook the potatoes in a medium boiling water until tender. Remove to a large bowl and that let slightly cool. Cover while you prepare everything else.
- Mash the potatoes -- If you have a potato ricer it is great -- if not -- a potato masher is fine too. You can even use a fork. Just mash them up.
- No lumps for this dish.
- Eggs -- Now make the egg mixture. Beat the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper until fluffy with a mixture until well combined. I use medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Batter -- Add the scallions and parsley and any additional salt and pepper to the potatoes and lightly fold the egg mixture inches.
- Spray muffin tins with Pam -- Now fill the muffin cups. Fill almost to the top. Now bake for 10 minutes on the middle rack at 450F, then reduce to 425F and cook 15 minutes more. The last minute I sprinkle the cheese on top and return to the oven to melt. Let cool a few minutes before removing from the tin.