Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh so good and so easy! A favorite at our home!
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (I like to use Yukon Gold Potatoes)
- 1 (3 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash paprika
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, onions, melted butter, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Place in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375º for 20 minutes.
This is our ritual turkey dinner potato dish not only because of its fabulous taste. It actually improves by resting in the fridge overnight, saving time and hassle on the big day. Reheat, covered, @ 350 deg. for 30 - 40 min. while the bird rests after coming out of the oven. For lower fat (and equally delicious taste) you can sub 1/2 c. creamed cottage cheese for the cream cheese.
A nice easy variation on mashed potatoes and a good way to get some calcium into my son! Looks so appetising when it comes out of the oven, and tastes good too. I'll be making this at work (a dairy factory) for sure.
This dish gives the humble potato 'pizzazz!' The potatoes are nice and fluffy and the garlic flavour is really good. Will make this again, thanks for posting.