Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Make this complete casserole up to a day in advance cover tightly and refrigerate, when ready to bake just pop in the oven and bake for a little longer time than stated. Add in some green onions and cooked crumbled bacon id desired. Use only russet potatoes for this! Prep time includes cooking potatoes. This makes a wonderful side dish and all amounts can be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
We were looking for a slightly decadent potato dish to go alongside a pork roast for a good friend's birthday dinner. This hit the spot. Would have been delicious even without the gravy we put on it. Thanks, Kittencal, for coming through once again!
- 7 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (can use more)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened (low-fat is okay)
- 1⁄4 cup 18% table cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender (about 20 minutes) drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in sour cream, butter, softened cream cheese and cream; beat until smooth.
- Add in shredded cheddar; mix to combine then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a 2 or 3-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate or bake for about 20-22 minutes.