Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great substitution for mashed potatoes - this cheesy combination is delicious! Recipe by Rachael Ray.
- Add chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan, to a deep pot.
- Trim away greens and stems from the base of cauliflower. Cut away the core with a sharp paring knife. Set cored head into pot with broth.
- Cover pot and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook cauliflower, covered, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and mash the cauliflower.
- Let some liquid cook off as you smash the cheeses into the cauliflower.
- As the mixture thickens, turn off heat and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in chives and transfer cauliflower to as serving dish.
I've been using this recipe for about 3 or 4 years now...HUGE hit at thanksgiving! Definitely a must try, even my son who "hates cauliflower" loves this one.
Nice change from mashed potatoes. Used vegetable broth but otherwise made it just as stated. Almost forgot to use the olive oil as it was not mentioned in the ingredients. Had it with vegetarian burgers, a very tasty and enjoyable dinner! Thanks for posting.