Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great substitution for mashed potatoes - this cheesy combination is delicious! Recipe by Rachael Ray.
- Add chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan, to a deep pot.
- Trim away greens and stems from the base of cauliflower. Cut away the core with a sharp paring knife. Set cored head into pot with broth.
- Cover pot and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook cauliflower, covered, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and mash the cauliflower.
- Let some liquid cook off as you smash the cheeses into the cauliflower.
- As the mixture thickens, turn off heat and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in chives and transfer cauliflower to as serving dish.