A great substitution for mashed potatoes - this cheesy combination is delicious! Recipe by Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan, to a deep pot.
- 2Trim away greens and stems from the base of cauliflower. Cut away the core with a sharp paring knife. Set cored head into pot with broth.
- 3Cover pot and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook cauliflower, covered, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4Uncover the pot and mash the cauliflower.
- 5Let some liquid cook off as you smash the cheeses into the cauliflower.
- 6As the mixture thickens, turn off heat and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in chives and transfer cauliflower to as serving dish.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 334.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: