Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from "Fat Free Living Cookbook 2".
- 5 ounces manicotti
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat free spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fat free parmesan
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions and drain well.
- Blend the cream cheese until smooth; mix with the ricotta cheese.
- Stir the mozzarella, egg substitute, parsley and pepper into the cheese mixture.
- Fill each manicotti shell with 1/4 cup cheese filling.
- Pour 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce over the bottom of a microwave safe baking dish.
- Place filled manicotti shells on top of sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over the shells.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Cook on medium heat 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top; cook an additional 1 or 2 minutes until cheese melts.
what brand of fat free parmesan cheese do you use?? i have been looking for some for over a year now and i would be so greatful if you could tell me where you get it and the brand. thank you
I thought that the taste was a little bland, with some tweeking, it could be ok. I know its better for you, but not much of a fan of the fat free, it doesnt work in this receipe. I will try again.