Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Cheesy Manicotti recipe from Food.com.
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain.
- Pour half of spaghetti sauce into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and next 7 ingredients; mix well.
- Stuff manicotti shells with cheese mixture; arrange in sauce.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over manicotti; bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella; bake an additional 5 minutes.
There's no need to cook an entire (8 oz.) pkg. of the manicotti shells. I used the Creamettes' brand, and the filling filled only 9 shells. It was abit tricky and messy to fill these shells, since no beef was added. A (26 oz.) jar of a Traditional Spaghetti Sauce worked well with this recipe. Since I didn't have fresh chives, I used 1-tsp. of the dried. Vegetarians probably will enjoy this recipe, but my husband and I prefer the beef-cheese filled manicotti. My husband just prefers my recipe, what can I say. I give this recipe 3 stars.