Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nothing says cheesy and easy quite like this recipe. I realize "instant is as instant does," but there are times when I have to admit that instant does the trick. These really are good, and they smell wonderful while baking.
- 1 (15 1/3 ounce) box instant mashed potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup oleo
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces sour cream
- nonstick cooking spray
- chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with the cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat water, butter (oleo), garlic/onion powders to boil.
- Remove from heat and add cream cheese, milk and sour cream, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in potatoes and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with chives (optional).
- Bake one hour until golden brown.
- NOTE: Before baking may be refrigerated up to 48 hour. Omit paprika/chives until ready to bake.