Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Paula Deen recipe. I made these for a fight night get together we were having and my guests loved them. In fact, I wanted more and they were all gone! Hope you enjoy this easy and delish recipe. Prep time includes cooking time.
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) canprepared chili with beans
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lay chips on oven safe platter. You will be layering this so split them.
- Warm beans and chili on stove or in microwave. Stir beans until smooth.
- Spread beans over tortillas. Top with onion, cheese, jalepenos, chili and cheddar cheese. Repeat by layering tortilla chips and toppings until gone.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Dollop with sour cream. Add tomatoes and green onions on top.
I changed this recipe using chili with NO beans. I really don''t like beans and actually this was pretty good without them. I used more chili and peppers than the actually recipe called for. I bid you BON APPETIT!
I had been looking forward to having these nachos, and enjoyed eating them. It was only afterward, looking back, that I thought that something else could have been added. I am hardly an expert in this type of food, but it seems to me that some salsa would have put these over the top. So that is what I'm going to try next time. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
Yummy! Both my grandson and I liked these a lot. Very filling. Thanks quick meal for sharing. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup tag.