Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I like trying different things, especially when coming across things in the pantry that have nothing to do. I made this for a summer picnic.
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 (1 ounce) package cheese sauce mix (stolen from a mac and cheese package)
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain, do not rinse. Stir in powdered cheese. Cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, sauté the vegetables over medium heat until tender crisp. About ten minutes; cool.
- Mix together the mayo and horseradish.
- Add the vegetables to the macaroni mixture. Stir in the mayo mixture. Dice three of the eggs and toss with the salad, along with the shredded cheese.
- Slice the last egg for garnish. Sprinkle with paprika. Salt and pepper to taste.
I made this for a camping trip over the weekend and it was wonderful! Very easy, and very tasty everyone enjoyed it a lot. I love macaroni salad, but have never had any with cheese. After trying this I'm not sure why all macaroni salad doesn't include cheese as an ingredient. Thanks for sharing!