I like trying different things, especially when coming across things in the pantry that have nothing to do. I made this for a summer picnic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 (1 ounce) package cheese sauce mix (stolen from a mac and cheese package)
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain, do not rinse. Stir in powdered cheese. Cool.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a pan, sauté the vegetables over medium heat until tender crisp. About ten minutes; cool.
- 3Mix together the mayo and horseradish.
- 4Add the vegetables to the macaroni mixture. Stir in the mayo mixture. Dice three of the eggs and toss with the salad, along with the shredded cheese.
- 5Slice the last egg for garnish. Sprinkle with paprika. Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 162.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cheese sauce mix