Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great with garlic bread and a salad. You can also add or substitute veggies as you wish.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cook macaroni for about 6 minutes or al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and cook about 6 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, corn and seasonings.
- Cover, and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked macaroni and cook additional 3 minutes or so to heat through.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and stir to blend.
- Let stand, uncovered, 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
Both my kids liked this-i used half cheddar cheese and half pepper jack cheese in place of the monteray jack-yum, also I added a bit of cilantro. Very tasty dish-I served it with warm corn bread- Thanks!
Great quick meal. For more protein (but still vegetarian) I added soy crumbles (I prefer Smartground)!
Very good and tasty dish. Next time I'll add some ground turkey meat also. Easy and quick!