Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A simple one casserole dish delight.
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 12 ounces any kind sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (pre-shredded or not)
- 4 -6 slices American cheese
- Prepare macaroni as package directs,only cooking macaroni for 6 minutes.
- Drain & rinse well with cold water.
- Grease an 8x8-inch casserole dish lightly with oil.
- Put half the macaroni in the casserole dish, dotting the macaroni with half the butter or margarine,followed by half the cheddar, half the mozzarella, followed by 2 of the American cheese slices, breaking up the American slices to cover the layer.Repeat for the top layer.
- Sprinkle a little milk over the top of the macaroni if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minute or until golden brown & bubbly.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes.