Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like Mac & Cheese and veggies, then you will love this recipe. It is one of my favorites.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package Kraft macaroni and cheese, dinner
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into slices
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook Macaroni in large saucepan as directed on packaage, adding snow peas to the boiling water for the last 2 min., drain. Return macaroni mixture to saucepan.
- Add margarine, milk and cheese sauce mix, mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
Loved this! I used 2 boxes of Annie's Mac and Cheese and butter rather than margarine. Also twice the milk to follow package directions. The mozzarella really helps enrich the sauce. The tomatoes and snow peas give it an interesting twist and are really good. Thank you 4-H Mom.
This is a good way to improve a box of kraft dinner. I liked the snow peas and tomatoes in it. My son didn't like the snow peas but he liked the tomatoes. Weird. I omitted the margarine. I cooked the macaroni in microwave as directed. But the last 3 minutes, I added the snow peas. Thanks 4-H mom :) Made for Potluck tag