1/6 Photos of Cheesy Low-Carb Eggplant Parmesan
1 hr 10 mins
I LOVE eggplant parmesan, and this is my favorite version that I've come up with so far. I made it low-carb when my husband and I were on the South Beach diet a few years ago, and I actually prefer it this way now! To mix things up, I'll sometimes add fresh basil and/or zucchini slices in between layers, or use bulk sausage instead of hamburger, but it's wonderful just the way it is.
My Private Note
9x13 ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- 2In one bowl, beat the egg(s) until well incorporated. In another bowl, put your parmesan cheese along with any Italian seasonings you like, and salt and pepper.
- 3Slice eggplants into 1/2 inch slices. Dip each slice in the egg, then into the parmesan cheese until covered. Place on cookie sheet.
- 4Cook at 425 for 20 minutes, turning the eggplant slices half way through.
- 5Meanwhile, brown the hamburger.
- 6Lower the oven temperature to 350°F once the eggplant slices have finished cooking.
- 7Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Put a small amount of spaghetti sauce on the bottom, then layer half the eggplant slices on the bottom.
- 8Top the first layer of slices with half (or a little less) of remaining tomato sauce, then spread the ricotta evenly over the tomato sauce.
- 9Spread the hamburger evenly over the ricotta.
- 10Use the remaining eggplant slices to layer over the hamburger. Cover with remaining tomato sauce, then the mozzarella cheese.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, then let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Low-Carb Eggplant Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.4 mg
- Sodium 620.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 25.5 g