Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great hashbrown casserole.
Make and share this Cheesy Loaded Hash Browns Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 30 ounces frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (or just cheddar, or just monterey jack)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease/spray a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, melt butter; add onion, green pepper, and tomato and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add flour to skillet and stir briskly until flour is absorbed.
- Add broth, milk, hashbrowns, ham, pepper, salt, and parsley to skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the cheese; stir to combine well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for about 30 minutes or until sides bubbly and top is slightly browning.
Very good; lots of flavor; only change was to add celery to the onion-green pepper mix. Going to try the leftovers mixed with eggs in the morning. Yummy recipe, Parsley.
This wasn't bad but turned out a little more mushier than I would have liked. Was looking for that crispy brown outside and it just didn't happen for me. Cooked it even much longer than the recipe stated. I mean, it worked out but I guess it just wasn't what I was looking for that day. But Parsley I will always be trying your recipe's!