Recipe by Sackville
If you're looking for a creative way to use pumpkin I think this has to be it. A luxurious pasta dish that's special enough to serve to company and very economical too -- you even use the seeds from the pumpkin!
- 150 g pumpkin seeds
- 250 g pumpkin pie filling
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 150 ml olive oil
- 450 g linguine
- 50 g mint leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 100 g feta cheese, diced or 100 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 degrees C.
- Dice the pumpkin flesh into 1cm squares.
- Clean the seeds, then spread them out onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven until fragrant.
- Leave to cool.
- Toss the pumpkin cubes with the 4 tablespoons olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Bank for 10-15 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
- At the same time, cook the linguine.
- While the pumpkin and pasta are cooking, place the mint and garlic in a food processor with the pumpkin seeds, cumin and chilli flakes.
- Blitz to a fine paste and then, with the motor running slowly, pour in enough of the remaining olive oil to make a smooth, slightly runny, sauce.
- Drain the linguine, toss with the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
- Top with the roasted pumpkin and feta cheese or parmesan.
- Add some freshly ground black pepper on top and serve!