Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A different way to prepare lentils. Excellent as a side or main dish.
- 3⁄4 cup dried lentils
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients except the cheese in a 2-qt. casserole dish. Bake covered, at 300 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Uncover and top with cheese, then bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.