Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so good. Great on crumpets, english muffins etc
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, fresh, grated
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 dash salt
- In heavy pan mix eggs, juice, butter, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil while stirring over low heat, then cook for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat Cream Cheese and lemon peel.
- When egg mixture is cool, blend into the cream cheese until smooth.
- Store in the fridge.
I think this needs more than 5 stars. I have never made a flavoured butter. I now know I need to make more. This is great I tried it on piece of toast. I will be making scones to try it on. This is great! Thanks for posting.
This is the 3rd flavored butter recipe I've tried during ZWT & all have been amazing discoveries for me. I also used it on a bagel, but definitely plan to make our favorite scones for this one & can't wait! Yum! Thx for posting.
Really lovely recipe! I used it on bagels, but can see it being used on the poundcake I have on hand. I found I liked it better after thoroughly chilled. It was firmer and more spreadable. I am sure to use this recipe again. Thank you for sharing the recipe.