Recipe by Mitch Smith
This is a great way to use leftover rice. Very tasty. This is a variation of recipie# 226013 http://www.recipezaar.com/Left-over-Rice-Cakes-226013 Preparation time does not include cooking the rice.
- 4 cups cooked white rice (cool)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup taco blend cheese
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs or 1 cup tortilla, crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 small onion, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 4 cups peanut oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the peanut oil in a heavy iron frying pan until it just starts to smoke.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Mixture should be sticky enough to form patties and hold together.
- Make a ball the size of an extra large meatball then smash it flat between your hands.
- Drop into hot oil.
- Fry for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on a rack or paper towels.