Recipe by Tea Jenny
This is a nice supper dish or a light lunch, it's very quick to make and very tasty.
- 225 g leeks
- 25 g of low fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon of wholemeal flour
- 150 mils skimmed milk
- 25 g reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 25 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 slices of lean cooked ham (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash leeks and cut into 5cm lengths and gently boil for 10 minutes, drain well and keep warm.
- Melt the margarine and stir in flour cook for 2-3 minutes and slowly add milk and bring to the boil stirring continuously until the sauce thickens, simmer for a few minutes then add the cheese and season.
- Place the leeks in an ovenproof dish and cover with the ham, sauce and then the breadcrumbs and brown under a hot grill.