Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy and satisfying meal. You can use any cheeses you have on hand to suit your tastes.
- 200 g jumbo pasta shells
- 600 g leeks, trimmed washed & sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 50 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 50 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 20 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 260 ml milk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Steam leeks until just tender over the boiling pasta.
- Put shells in a buttered casserole dish. Top with the leeks and season lightly with salt & pepper. Sprinkle the chopped parsley and thyme over the top.
- Put milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cheeses and stir to melt. If sauce seems a bit thin, you can thicken it by adding the 2tsp cornstarch to 2 Tbsp water and adding this mixture to the milk & cheese mixture and cook until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the leeks and top with the breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.