Tea Girl's Note:
This is a typical easy soup that you get often as the weather gets colder. Not very healthy but it is good comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 300 g ground pork
- 200 g ground beef
- 3 leeks, cleaned and cut into thin rings
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 1 liter vegetable broth or 1 liter beef broth
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (I have never measured these spices, so these are just estimates)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 250 g cheese spread (something like Laughing Cow, creamy and mild)
- 1Heat the butter in a pot over medium heat.
- 2Add meat and brown.
- 3Add leeks and cook until soft, stirring occasionally. This took me about 5 minutes.
- 4Add everything else other than the cheese spread and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- 5Add cheese spread and cook for 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust spices if necessary. Serve hot with good bread like a fresh baguette.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Leek-Ground Meat Soup
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.9
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 766.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: