Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a typical easy soup that you get often as the weather gets colder. Not very healthy but it is good comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 300 g ground pork
- 200 g ground beef
- 3 leeks, cleaned and cut into thin rings
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 1 liter vegetable broth or 1 liter beef broth
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (I have never measured these spices, so these are just estimates)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 250 g cheese spread (something like Laughing Cow, creamy and mild)
- Heat the butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add meat and brown.
- Add leeks and cook until soft, stirring occasionally. This took me about 5 minutes.
- Add everything else other than the cheese spread and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add cheese spread and cook for 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust spices if necessary. Serve hot with good bread like a fresh baguette.