Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so easy to make and can be made hours in advance just cover and chill until ready to serve, really you can use a much shrimp as desired, but I find that three cans is plenty to use for the middle, you could use more for the top if desired ---serving amounts are only estimated, cooking time is one hour chilling time, this is *very* good! :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (use only mayonnasise for this not salad dressing)
- 4 (4 ounce) cansbroken shrimp, divided (rinsed and very well drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared seafood sauce (purchased or homemade)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese or 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions
- 2 firm ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- assorted cracker
- Prepare 10-inch deep-dish glass pie plate or a fancy 12-inch serving dish (or larger).
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise; mix very well until smooth.
- Spread the mixture onto the pie plate or dish.
- Scatter the 3 cans of broken shrimp evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Then layer with seafood sauce, then mozza cheese, then green onions, then tomatoes, then with chopped green bell peppers.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 can chopped shrimp on top.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I have this same recipe and have used it over and over. It's sort of a shrimp cocktail on a cracker!!! I normally use fresh shrimp and cut them up into chunks. I much prefer the mozzarella cheese to the cheddar. This will be eaten up quickly!!! Thanks for posting this Kitten -- and saving me the work!!!!