1 hr 15 mins
This is so easy to make and can be made hours in advance just cover and chill until ready to serve, really you can use a much shrimp as desired, but I find that three cans is plenty to use for the middle, you could use more for the top if desired ---serving amounts are only estimated, cooking time is one hour chilling time, this is *very* good! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (use only mayonnasise for this not salad dressing)
- 4 (4 ounce) cans broken shrimp, divided (rinsed and very well drained)
- 1 1/2 cups prepared seafood sauce (purchased or homemade)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese or 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions
- 2 firm ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- assorted cracker
- 1Prepare 10-inch deep-dish glass pie plate or a fancy 12-inch serving dish (or larger).
- 2In a bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise; mix very well until smooth.
- 3Spread the mixture onto the pie plate or dish.
- 4Scatter the 3 cans of broken shrimp evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- 5Then layer with seafood sauce, then mozza cheese, then green onions, then tomatoes, then with chopped green bell peppers.
- 6Sprinkle with the remaining 1 can chopped shrimp on top.
- 7Cover and chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
- 8Serve with assorted crackers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Layered Shrimp Spread
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 194.3 mg
- Sodium 536.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: