Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so easy to make and can be made hours in advance just cover and chill until ready to serve, really you can use a much shrimp as desired, but I find that three cans is plenty to use for the middle, you could use more for the top if desired ---serving amounts are only estimated, cooking time is one hour chilling time, this is *very* good! :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (use only mayonnasise for this not salad dressing)
- 4 (4 ounce) cansbroken shrimp, divided (rinsed and very well drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared seafood sauce (purchased or homemade)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese or 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions
- 2 firm ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- assorted cracker
- Prepare 10-inch deep-dish glass pie plate or a fancy 12-inch serving dish (or larger).
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise; mix very well until smooth.
- Spread the mixture onto the pie plate or dish.
- Scatter the 3 cans of broken shrimp evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Then layer with seafood sauce, then mozza cheese, then green onions, then tomatoes, then with chopped green bell peppers.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 can chopped shrimp on top.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I have this same recipe and have used it over and over. It's sort of a shrimp cocktail on a cracker!!! I normally use fresh shrimp and cut them up into chunks. I much prefer the mozzarella cheese to the cheddar. This will be eaten up quickly!!! Thanks for posting this Kitten -- and saving me the work!!!!