Recipe by Aroostook
Great make ahead picnic fare.
Top Review by MizzNezz
I cut this one in half and made it in an 8x8 glass dish. The lettuce stays crisp and it really is a good combination of flavors. We especially liked the peas and water chestnuts, so crunchy! This is truly delicious, I will make this again! Thank you so much Barbara!
- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 lbs shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9x13 inch dish, layer the lettuce, onion, water chestnuts and peas.
- In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise, sugar, seasoned salt and garlic powder.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread over the top evenly over the top of the peas.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove salad from refrigerator and top with the bacon, tomato and cheese.