1/4 Photos of Cheesy Layered Ground Beef and Pasta Casserole
This is a great casserole, it tastes similar to lasagna. You can also top with grated cheese the last 15 minutes of baking if desired, I also like to add in some green bell pepper and dried chili flakes for heat but that is optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- fresh sliced mushrooms, any amount (or use canned, drained)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 4 cups medium noodles (use any kind of pasta you desire, 4 cups measured after cooking)
- 1 cup cottage cheese or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (optional or to taste) or 2 cups cheddar cheese (optional or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a large lasagna dish.
- 3Cook the pasta until only firm-tender; drain (it does not have to measure exactly 4 cups cooked, careful not to overcook the pasta as it will cook more in the oven) drain and transfer to a bowl, toss with a couple tablespoons oil to prevent sticking; set aside.
- 4In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, jalapenos (if using) mushrooms and minced garlic until meat is brown and cooked stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce salt and pepper, stir until heated through (you can the sauce for up to 45 minutes on low heat).
- 5Spread 1/2 meat sauce on bottom of pan.
- 6Spread 1/2 noodles on top of sauce.
- 7Top noodles with 1 cup mozza cheese.
- 8Mix 1 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 9Spread over mozzeralla cheese.
- 10Top with remaining tomato sauce, noodles,and remaining mozza cheese.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 12Bake, covered for 20 mins, uncover casserole (at this point you can sprinkle with grated mozzeralla or cheddar cheese if desired).
- 13Return to oven to bake for another 10-15 mins, or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Layered Ground Beef and Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1462.7
- Calories from Fat 781
- Total Fat 86.8 g
- Saturated Fat 41.6 g
- Cholesterol 370.1 mg
- Sodium 2407.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 104.6 g