Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The filling amount is enough for 14 lasagna rolls using about 1/3 cup for each noodle, you may reduce the complete recipe to half if desired --- the rolls may be prepared up to 24 hours in advance, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake, the more sauce that you use the better this will be so don't be afraid to use more sauce on top --- all ingredients may be adjusted to taste, prep time does not include cooking the noodles --- these are very good!
- 14 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 4 cups pasta sauce (can use more sauce if desired) or 4 cups marinara sauce, divided (can use more sauce if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can use more)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (very soft but not melted)
- 3⁄4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese, cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (rubbed between fingers to release flavors)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Spread about 1 cup cup of pasta sauce over the bottom of the baking dish.
- For the filling; in a medium bowl mix all filling ingredients until well combined (the filling will be very thick so I suggest to mix with clean hands).
- Using oiled fingers spread about 1/3 cup of the filling mixture all the way down over the top of each cooked lasagna noodle.
- Roll up then place seam-side down into the baking pan leaving a small amount of room between each noodle (14 rolls will fit in a 13 x 9-inch pan).
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and around the rolled noodles.
- Drizzle the remaining 3 cups pasta sauce over top and around the noodles (does not have to cover completely).
- At this point you may cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Bake covered with foil for about 30 minutes or until completely heated through.
- Remove foil and return to oven for about 5 minutes.
Very good recipe! I did make a few changes. I added a box of thawed frozen spinich for some fiber and vitammins and only used 1 package of cream cheese and substituted 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese for the rest (sorry i'm a nutrition major) thanks Kittencal your recipes are always fantastic