Recipe by love4culinary
This is a yummy recipe posted in response to a request. ENJOY!!!
Top Review by love4culinary
I feel that the meatloaf is a great way to add flavor to this semi-expensive meatloaf :-) I prefer it over ground beef, but I guess that it is a matter of taste. The sausage is a nice addition, I have tried it as well!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups crumbled leftover meatloaf
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded pecorino cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup shredded adiago cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots,fennel, garlic, chopped red pepper and fry until onions and carrots are starting to soften and brown, approx 7-8 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce to pan along with ground red pepper.
- Reduce to a low heat and cover, cooking for approximately 15 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Be sure to stir occasionally.
- While that is cooking,mix your cheesesin a bowl, and add basil and italian seasoning and stir.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F degrees.
- Then you will want to lightly grease a 3 qt baking dish.
- Proceed by lining the bottom of your dish with a single layer of lasgane noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of your sauce over the noodles and cover this with 1/2 of the crumbled meatloaf.
- Then top with 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- (be sure to save some cheese mixture for the last layer on top!) Repeat exact layering 2 more times-- while alternating the directions of noodles at each level.
- Cover your dish with foil and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Proceed by taking the foil off and sprinkling the rest of the cheese mixture on top and bake 8 minutes or until lasgana is cooked through and top is bubbling.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.