Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy comfort food dinner. This is not a recipe to serve guests, but on a cold evening when you just want something easy, warm, and filling. Also, the leftovers reheat really well.
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, firm but tender. Drain well. Place in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Add peas, sprinkling evenly over pasta.
- Meanwhile, brown kielbasa in a medium size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes. Add to pasta in baking dish.
- Whisk together soup, milk, hot pepper sauce, and black pepper in a medium size bowl. Add to baking dish and toss to coat pasta.
- Bake in heated 350°F oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
Glorified mac & cheese. Not much flavor. Edible comfort food.