Quick Cooking 2004 Freezer Pleasers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces small elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs kielbasa or 2 lbs Polish sausage, halved legthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 2Brown sausage in oil in a large skillet. Add onions, zucchini, carrots and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- 3Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomatoes, bring to a boil, simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- 4In each of 2 greased 13x9x2 baking dishes, layer a fourth of the macaroni and meat sauce.
- 5Combine the egg and ricotta cheese; spoon a fourth over the sauce and sprinkle with a fourth of the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- 6Repeat the layers and top with the green onions.
- 7Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 8Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 9Serve one casserole.
- 10Cool the second casserole; cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- 11Thaw frozen casserole in the refrigerator 24 hours and remove 30 minutes before baking.
- 12Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Kielbasa Bake
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1215.6
- Calories from Fat 699
- Total Fat 77.7 g
- Saturated Fat 34.2 g
- Cholesterol 238.6 mg
- Sodium 2368.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 56.2 g