Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe featured by my local grocery store this month. Even my two year old loved it! It's a great one-skillet meal that's both very simple and easily customized. You could replace the kielbasa with cooked chicken, use a different flavor of cream soup, or replace the peas with your favorite vegatable. Have fun with it!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine soup, water, and butter or margarine in a large skillet over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and kielbasa; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and peas, recover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese, cover and let sit 5 minutes. Stir before serving.
Pretty good, especially for being a one-skillet, quick, easy meal! I had to change it a bit for what I had on hand--fresh sliced portebellini mushrooms, cream of chicken soup--but everything else was the same. Turned out good, and even my 2 yr old ate it! Thanks for the recipe!